UCSB Scholarship: The University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB) is regarded as one of the largest and leading public universities in California. It is home to ten (10) national research centers and is known for its academic environment offering creativity, encouraging independent thought, and stimulating critical reasoning. With more than 200 offered majors, it attracts students with educational pursuits from all across the globe.
The Regents of the UCSB is an esteemed scholarship award to bright undergraduates who depict both academic excellence and commitment. The UCSB award consists of $5,000 per year and it is extended up to four years with special privileges. The core purpose of the award is to facilitate the prospective students financially so they can pursue their ambitions.
The significance of the UCSB award can be realized from the fact that it is one of only 62 research institutions with members of the Association of American Universities and more than 1,000 faculty members are recipients of various awards i.e. National Medal of Science, Nobel Prize, etc. USCB has been ranked 7 nationally among all the public universities in the US.
UCSB Scholarship Dates
The UC application for admission and scholarship is due by 30 November each year.
UCSB Regents Scholarship 2022
The mandatory eligibility requirements include the following prerequisites:
- Entering freshman or transfer students (both California state residents and non-residents)
- US citizen / permanent citizens / California Dream Act citizens
- Have shown an excellent and proven academic record
The application process comprises of following steps:
- Duly filled out UC application and scholarship form with the following information:
- SAT/ACT scores
- Annual income (Last and Current year) in case of dependency
- Social security number
- Citizen status (if outside then provide visa status and visa type)
- California statewide student ID
- Credit Card
- Deposited application fee of $70 for each campus and $80 for international immigrants
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in case of eligibility for a Regents need award or File California Dream Act application
- Minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.20 is to be maintained for receiving a scholarship
UCSB Regents Scholarship Transfer Students
The applicants who fall under the category of transfer students and have been considered for the award after meeting the requirements will receive the award of $5,000 for two (02) academic years
What does a UCSB Regents Scholarship
Since UCSB is a very prestigious award, it includes a grant of $20,000 for a total of four years to the freshmen. The benefits of the Regent UCSB scholarship are:
- Regents scholars are given the benefit to make a selection of the college of their interest at the time of seeking admission
- Honor appointment as a regents advisor at colleges
- Priority enrollment
- Access to library with extended support and materials
- Indulging in state-of-the-art research program during the first quarter of enrolment
- Participation in the faculty mentor program
- Consideration for housing in university residence halls
- Prestigious membership in UCSB regents scholars association allowing learning and interaction with leaders from all cohorts
The questions and queries and disbursements and financial aid can be addressed by reaching the following emails and particulars of the focal representatives mentioned along.
- Jessica Trumble – Scholarship & Donor Relations Manager, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Sebastian Franco – Admission Counselor, UCSB Admissions